The filling can be used as a delicious cashew cream cheese as well! It's excellent with cinnamon and eaten as a fruit dip!
- 2 c macadamia nuts (or use walnuts, brazil nuts, or almonds, but macadamias seem to work best!)
- 1 ½ c cashews
- ½ c pitted dates
- ¼ c dried coconut
- 6 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ c lime juice
- ¼ c maple syrup, honey or raw agave nectar (or 5-8 drops liquid Stevia)
- 1 sun-dried vanilla bean or 1 T of vanilla extract
- 3 c mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries for garnish
Soak the cashews and macadamias in water in separate bowls for at least 5 hours.
Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency. Sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make crust.
Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla and 6 T of water in a food processor and do it until it has a smooth fluffy purée texture.
Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and serve with berries!!! Let is defrost to get soft or eat it as a hard slice!
- High in calcium
- High in protein
- Good fats
- Rich in mineral copper good for hair and skin
- Good for weight loss
- Prevents gallstones
- High in magnesium