- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ c tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 c lower-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 (15-oz) cans lower-sodium black beans, undrained
- 1 c frozen corn
- Avocado chunks and cilantro for garnish
In 12" skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook 6-8 minutes or until starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste, garlic and cumin. Cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes or until garlic is golden and tomato paste has browned. Stir in ½ C broth, scraping up any browned bits.
Transfer contents of skillet to 6- to 8-quart slow-cooker bowl along with beans, corn and remaining broth. Cover and cook on High 4 hours or Low 6 hours. Serve with avocado and cilantro.