- 2 oz mung bean sprouts
- 2 oz broccoli or sunflower sprouts
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced and sauteéd (stems removed)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ c carrots, shredded or julienned
- 1 c green cabbage, shredded
- 1 6-oz pkg baked tofu, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Sambal Oelek or Sriracha chili sauce
In a large bowl, gently toss the sprouts, sauteéd mushrooms, green onions, carrots, cabbage and tofu together. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, sugar and chili sauce. Pour the sauce over the vegetable mix and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Serving suggestion: The crunchy texture and Asian flavors of this recipe go nicely with a cup of hot and sour soup. Substitute button or crimini mushrooms for the shiitakes, if you prefer.