- 1 ¼ lbs shelled raw chestnuts
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ c cocoa
- 2 c non-dairy milk (preferably a thick milk, like soy milk or the creamy part of canned coconut milk)
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 tsp Earth Balance Buttersticks
- 2 prepared Ener-G Egg Replacer eggs
- 1 tbsp amaretto or sherry
Place chestnuts in a saucepan with vanilla and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until very tender. Drain and put through a food processor to puree. Set aside.
In a saucepan, combine the cocoa, milk, sugar and butter and cook slowly over hot water for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add pureed chestnuts and Egg Replacer eggs and stir well. Butter and 1 ½ quart mixing bowl and pour in the mixture. Place the bowl in a pan of hot water and bake for about 45 minutes, until pudding is firm. Unmold and serve with vegan cream.