- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1 half-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled, trimmed, and minced
- ½ c fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 c carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ c light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 12 oz extra firm tofu, cut into 2" wide pieces
In a large stock pot, combine the broth, ginger, lemongrass, lime juice, jalapenos, tamari and carrots. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms, coconut milk, cilantro and tofu. Return to a simmer and cook for another 10-15 until heated through.
Serving suggestion: Just add a spring roll appetizer to this main-dish soup for a quick meal. If you spot oyster mushrooms in the produce aisle, use these for an even more authentically Thai dish.