- 1 lb seitan, drained and diced
- ¼ c lime juice, divided
- 3 tsp red curry paste, divided
- 1 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves, washed and dried
- ½ c red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c carrot, shredded
- 5 scallions, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ c roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
In a medium bowl, stir together 2 T lime juice, 2 tsp red curry paste, 1 T water, and a pinch of salt. Add the diced seitan and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
While the seitan marinates, prepare the sauce, lettuce and vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 T lime juice, 1 T tamari, 1 T peanut butter, 1 tsp red curry paste and 2 tsp brown sugar. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the seitan and marinade and sauté until the marinade is absorbed and the seitan begins to brown (about 7 minutes). Turn off the heat and stir in the bell pepper, carrot, scallions, cilantro and peanuts.
Lay out 8 medium-large lettuce leaves, divide the filling between them, drizzle each one with sauce and serve. To eat, fold or roll the lettuce leaf over the ingredients like a soft taco.