- 1 lb extra firm tofu, frozen and thawed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 c frozen corn
- 1 ½ c water or gluten-free vegetable broth
- 2 c cooked kidney beans (about one 15 oz can)
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
- 1â€“2 T chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- Sea salt or gluten-free tamari to taste
Once tofu is thawed, press out all water, as much as possible, crumbling the tofu. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. SautÃ© pepper, onion, jalapeno, if using, and frozen corn for 5 minutes.
Add water or broth, kidney beans, crumbled tofu, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt or tamari to taste.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered or partially covered, stirring occasionally.