A great, no-bake gooey treat!
- 2 tbsp solid coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk or other non dairy milk
- ¼ c coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (use 2 tsp for less intense flavor)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c oat flour (certified gf) finely ground oats, or use any mild tasting grain flour/white flour
- ¾ c almond flour/fine meal
- ¼ c ground raw sugar
- 1/3-1/2 C vegan Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, or vegan dark chocolate chunks by Theo to make palm oil-free
Melt the coconut oil by heating in a pan or bowl. Whisk in the almond milk, coconut sugar and vanilla until well combined.
Add the flours, salt, and sugar and mix. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed, or add more flour or oil for the soft, sticky, but not-too-sticky dough. Do not add too much flour as these do set and dry out as they chill. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix.
Press onto a parchment sheet and shape into a ½"-thick rectangle (about 8x7") and refrigerate until set. Cut the bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge, if there are any going to be left for the next day :). Eat as is, or add these to ice cream, morning oatmeal or chia pudding, shakes, and what not.