Serve these with jalapeno "bratwurst" from "Hearty Vegan."
- 2 c nonalcoholic white wine
- 1 c water or plain nondairy milk
- ½ c nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 c quick-cooking rolled oats or 1/4 cup flour (any kind)
- ¼ c sesame tahini
- ¼ c kuzu, arrowroot, or cornstarch
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- pinch each: white pepper and grated nutmeg
Place all ingredients in a blender and process several minutes until the mixture is completely smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and continue to stir and cook a few minutes longer until thick and smooth. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm over a very low flame. Enjoy!