- 3 c peeled butternut squash or 3 C acorn squash, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 c sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed and drained (such as great northern beans, cannellini, lima or navy beans)
- 1 c water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c cornmeal
- 2 tbsp vegan Parma
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Egg Replacer equal to 1 egg
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 (9 oz) pkg frozen Italian cut green beans or 1 (9 oz) pkg frozen cut green beans
In a 3 ½- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine squash, mushrooms, undrained tomatoes, white beans, the water, garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
For dumplings: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, Parma, parsley, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together Egg Replacer egg, milk, and oil. Add to the flour mixture; stir with a fork just until combined.
If using Low, turn to High. Stir frozen green beans into stew. Drop the dumpling dough into 6 mounds on top of the stew. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook for 50 minutes more. (Do not lift lid while dumplings are cooking.)