Easy crockpot recipe!
1) In large stockpot, brown together, then dump into crockpot:
- 1 lbs hamburger
- 1 small onion-chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c. chopped green pepper (optional)
2) Dump into crockpot with meat:
- 3 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (or 1 qt. home-canned)
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) chili beans--undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans (light or dark or other bean)--drained
- 2 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- dash black pepper
- 1 or 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
3) Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Can cook on high for less time.
Can double or triple!!! Can decrease the meat also. I always make extra since it's so good leftover and easy too! It is also good served with rice, cheese, tortilla chips, and bread spread with peanut butter.