Mexican style pulled pork
- 4-6 lb Pork butt roast or tenderloin, stabbed all over with a fork
- Achiote paste (recipe is on forkinit)
- 1 c Seville orange juice (or sub 1/2 cup regular orange juice plus 1/2 cup lime juice)
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar (may be omitted if you don't prefer the vinegary taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped, per lb of meat
- 1 tsp salt per 2 lbs of meat (adjust as desired)
- 3 carrots
- 2 habaneros or other hot pepper
- 2 large red onions
- ½ c red wine vinegar
- Salsa verde
Rub the entire perforated roast with Achiote paste.
Marinate roast in crock pot or Dutch oven with liquids, garlic, salt and pepper overnight or at least 8 hours.
Slow roast in crock pot until tender to pull apart.
Shred and mix with juices.
Thinly slice carrots and peppers and chop in a food processor. Stop before it turns to paste!
Heat vinegar and stir in sliced onions, let simmer until tender crisp.
Salsa verde (see recipe on forkinit)
Serve meat on a fresh flour tortilla topped with the condiments.