- 2 c all-purpose flour (*see note on measuring)
- 1 ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda (sifted to get rid of lumps)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 c oil (extra light olive oil, vegetable or corn oil will work)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (or make your own!)
- 1 package (8oz) Cream Cheese, room temp, cut into quarters
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter butter, room temp
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- Pecans to decorate, optional
Prep: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x13 non-stick baking pan or a Glass pyrex dish.** In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1½ cups sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon.
In a second medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: 3 large eggs, 1 cup oil and 1 can pumpkin, until well combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake at 350˚F for 35-40 min (my oven took 35 min), or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool completely in pan then spread the top with frosting (see below) and decorate with whole or chopped pecans.
Combine all of your frosting ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and using the whisk attachment, beat on medium speed until combined, then beat on high speed.