This is a super easy, all purpose base recipe. It was a bit sweeter than I prefer so I will adjust the sweetener once I've settled on an amount.
- 8-14 cups sliced fruit
- 1-2 cup sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit
- 2-6 T lemon juice (optional)
- 2-6 T cornstarch (optional)
- 1-4 t spice or flavoring, like cinnamon or vanilla (optional)
- 4-12 T butter chunks (optional)
- 3 c flour
- 3 c sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 sticks (1.5 cups) butter melted and slightly cooled
Prepare enough fruit to fill baking dish half to three-quarters full. Taste.
Mix in sugar or lemon juice and spices as desired.
If fruit is juicy or you'd like cobbler less runny add cornstarch.
Spread into 9x13 pan
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add warm butter.
Mix to form a crumbly dough that just sticks together when pinched.
Pat dough into ¼-½" disks (cobbles) and lay just slightly overlapping over fruit. Crumble and sprinkle any extra filling over the top.
Bake at 350° until cobbler is bubbling and cobbles are turning golden around the edges. About 45-60 minutes.