Make without the kisses for regular peanut butter cookies.
- 48 Hershey Kisses Chocolates
- ½ c Shortening (I use butter, but you can also do 1/4 Cup shortening and 1/4 cup butter)
- ¾ c creamy peanut butter (I also like using 1/2 of this amount with crunchy peanut butter and 1/2 creamy, but not necessary)
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBLS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 -1/2 Cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda (I use baking powder if you are going to chill the dough and make cookies later)
- ½ tsp salt
- Granulated sugar (for rolling in)
Preheat oven 375° Remove Foil from Kisses (this needs to be done ahead because you have to quickly put the kisses into hot cookies)
Beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended.
Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
Stir together flour, soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on un-greased cookie sheets (I use parchment paper)
Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. IMMEDIATELY press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and allow to cool completely.