Another great snack designed with Diabetics and Candida dieters in mind. This goes great on Wasa crisp bread/crackers (low carbs). Also wonderful sweet dip with celery, bananas, apples, etc. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this healthy spreadable desert!
- ½ c all natural Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ tbsp Ghirardelli's 100% all natural baking cocoa powder
- 2 NOW brand Soy Lecithin soft gel capsules (optional)
- less than 1/8 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ c milk
- (for specific notes on preferred quality of ingredients refer to my Ghirardelli Fudgesicle recipe, also found on this website)
Start by putting the ½ cup peanut butter into a medium size mixing bowl.
Add the cocoa powder and stevia, mix in thoroughly (using sturdy fork and/or small spatula).
Set 2 lecithin capsules in a small dish of HOT tap water; as lecithin begins seeping from capsule, add to the bowl by squeezing capsules. (This can get messy, but I haven't found another way to do this. To get lecithin off hands, I immediately squirt hand/dish soap on hands, rub vigorously, and rinse)
Add a teaspoon of vanilla, mix in.
Add the Milk, and stir carefully until smoothly blended. It won't stir smoothly at first and has a tendency to fling contents out of bowl. :)
Spread on a cracker, veggie, or fruit. Or just eat with a spoon!
*8. If you like coconut, you can also add non-sweetened coconut shavings to the amount that you like. That tastes wonderful as well. :)