- ¼ c + 1 Tbsp. bacon drippings or oil
- ¼ c + 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 ½ c chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28oz) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cans Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Either: 2 lbs. shrimp, 1 1/2 lb. crabmeat and 1 pint oysters or 2 lbs chicken (cooked) and 2 lbs sausage
- 1 pkg. cut okra
- 3 Tbsp. worstershire sauce
Combine oil and flour in Dutch oven. Cook over meduim heat stirring 10-15 minutes. Color is of copper penny.
Stir in onion, celery, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and sauce and simmer 1 hour.
Add shrimp, crab and okra (or chicken, sausage and okra) and simmer 20 minutes.
Add oysters and worstershire sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
Serve over rice.